CONSTITUTION and BY – LAWS
(Name and Purpose)
The name of this organization shall
be the MERCED CAMERA CLUB, a Non – Profit Corporation organized under the
laws of the State of
Its objectives shall be:
1. Association of its members for the mutual enjoyment of all branches of amateur photography.
2. Encouragement and instruction of its members and guests in the science and techniques of the art of photography.
3. Contributing toward the community enjoyment and advancement of amateur photography.
Any person active or interested in photography may apply for membership in this organization in accordance with its by–laws.
1. The officers of the club shall be a President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer, whose duties shall be those customarily pertaining to those offices.
2. The executive body of this club for the general guidance of its operations and the transaction of its business affairs shall be an Executive Committee. This committee shall be composed of the elected officers, the chairman of the standing committees, and such advisory members as may be appointed by the President.
1. If the office of President shall for any reason become vacant, the duties of that office shall be assumed by the Vice – President.
2. If any office other than that of President shall become vacant, it shall be filled by the appointment of the President, but for no longer than the balance of the term of office involved.
Regular meetings shall be held monthly at such times and places as shall be fixed by the Executive Committee. No meetings shall be scheduled during July and August.
(Meetings of Executive Committee)
Meetings of the Executive Committee shall be held at the call of the president. During August each year, a meeting of the outgoing Executive Committee and the new Executive Committee shall be held, during which plans for the ensuing year shall be made.
1. The Constitution may be amended at any regular meeting of the club upon affirmative vote of two-thirds (2/3) of the members present, provided that (1) Notice of Intention To Amend the Constitution, and (2) Notice of the Nature and Purpose of the Proposed Amendments shall have been given to members at least one (1) month in advance of the date set for any such action. Publication of these two requirements in the club bulletin shall be deemed sufficient notice to the members under this paragraph.
2. The By-Laws may likewise be amended or revoked in any manner not in conflict with the Constitution, provided that the requirements of the preceding paragraph shall have been met.
1. A quorum of the membership at any regular meeting shall consist of not less than ten (10) members.
2. A quorum of the Executive Committee at any meeting for the transaction of club business shall consist of not less than five (5) members of said committee.
The fiscal years of the club shall be from July1 to the following June 30th.
(Approval of Constitution and By-Laws)
This Constitution and By-Laws shall be regarded as officially adopted upon their approval by a vote of not less that two-thirds (2/3) of the members present at a regular meeting, following the required notice as set forth in Paragraph VII.
The adoption of this Constitution and By-Laws revokes all previous constitutions and by-laws.
(Nominations, election and installation of officers.)
1. Candidates for office shall be selected by a Nominating Committee appointed by the Executive Committee at least two (2) meetings before the first May meeting of the club. The Nominating Committee shall consist of three (3) members of the club who are not officer be appointed by the president. This committee shall prepare a list of candidates for office at a special meeting at which no club officer shall be present.
2. The Nominating Committee shall report its list of candidates to the club at the May meeting. The President shall also call for additional nominations from the floor, provided that such nominations have the approval of the nominee(s).
3. Elections, if necessary, will be held during the May meeting.
(Duties of Officers)
The duties of club officers shall be those normally pertaining to their respective offices.
1. The President shall, prior to July 31st each year, appoint the chairmen of the following Standing Committees, who shall also serve on the Executive Committee
a) Budget and Audit
c) Competition/program chair
e) Field Trips/Outings
f) Publications (“BIRDIE”)
g) Council Representative
2. The Vice-President shall normally assume the chairmanship of the Budget and Audit Committee.
3. Chairman of the Standing Committees shall select the members of their own committees to assist them in committee functions.
4. The President may appoint such special committees as he shall deem necessary of desirable from time to time.
(Duties and functions of Committees)
1. The Executive Committee shall conduct the routine business of the club, and guide its activities in such a manner as to relieve members thereof, thereby eliminating the necessity of transacting business at regular monthly meetings. In the event of a major change in club policy, however, the Executive Committee may request expressions of opinion from the membership at regular meetings, prior to any such major change.
The Executive Committee shall keep the membership informed of the club’s financial status, business affairs, and shall welcome expressions of opinion by members. The committee shall meet at the call of the President, or at the request of any three members of said committee.
2. The Hospitality Committee shall promote the membership growth of the club, shall see that guests and visitors are made welcome at meetings and other club affairs, arrange for cookies and shall perform such related duties as may fall within this general scope of activity.
3. The Competition/Program Committee shall, with the approval of the Executive Committee, develop such programs for meetings as will satisfy the needs and pleasure of club members.
4. The Publications Committee shall prepare and distribute the club’s monthly bulletin, “THE BIRDIE,” and prepare and disseminate to the appropriate agencies all club publicity releases.
5. The Field Trips/Outing Committee shall arrange all field trips of outings for the membership, and, subject to the approval of the Executive Committee, shall incur such expenses as may be required for successful outings.
6. The Budget and Audit Committee will be appointed by the Vice-President as Chairman. This committee shall conduct an audit of the financial records, as of June 30th each year, a report of which shall be submitted to the membership at the first September meeting. At the same time, the committee shall prepare a budget for the ensuing year, which budget shall be presented to the Executive Committee prior to the first September meeting. Upon approval it shall be used as a guide for club expenditures for the year.
7. Each Standing Committee, may, with the approval of the Executive Committee, establish such sub-committees as may be necessary or desirable to conduct related activities of such committee.
1. Anyone interested or active in photography is eligible for club membership. Any officer of the club may accept a prospective member’s dues.
Members in arrears in the payment of dues shall be so notified by the Secretary and/or Treasurer, and unless payment is made within one month thereafter, they shall have their membership cancelled. Such membership cancellation shall terminate their interest in club assets and club privileges, including the right to enter club competition.
2. Annual dues for club membership shall be as follows:
$5.00 for persons under 18 years of age
$20.00 for persons 18 years of age and over
$30.00 for husband and wife membership
$200 for a Life Membership
Annual dues shall be due and payable
the first meeting of each year, and for new members shall be pro-rated at
the rate of 10% per month, omitting the months of July and August.
(Terms of Office)
The terms of office for this club shall be from July 1 of one year to June 30 of the following year. Terms of office of chairman of Standing Committees, and other appointed by the President, shall expire with the terms of office of the President.
1. The types and method of conducting club competitions in Black & White prints, color prints and Pictorial projected images shall be under such rules and procedures as outlined in the Competition Rules.
2. Awards or trophies shall be offered in club competition to stimulate members to submit their work, and to recognize the outstanding worker in each division for his/her work for the entire club year.
3. The same print or slide may be entered in competition only once in its original form. In the “B” Division, a print or slide may be re-worked, revised or cropped and re-entered one more time. When so re-entered, shall be so designated by the maker.
(Affiliation with other Organizations.)
This club may become affiliated with the Photographic Society of America and such other camera club councils or photographic organizations as the Executive Board may feel advisable or desirable.